Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beautiful Day

One more day until I leave for Maryland. This morning there were butterflies floating through the work shop next to our breakfast table. so many different kinds, I can't remember them all. In addition to that, there are a couple of small black birds that have decided they like the human company. So the are flitting around singing a sweet song all the while.

In addition to the butterflies, I have been bitten so many times by some small invisible insect that I can no longer count the bites! Just me... I must be special.

I can't help but make that in to a parable, about what kind of person each one of us decides to be. One kind of insect bites and runs away, the other transforms in to a beautiful creation that soars on the wind. Can you see the parallel in human life? The interesting difference is that we can CHOOSE to be one or the other, God has given us that gift. I choose metamorphosis!

Our guest at the dinner table last night:

1 comment:

Auntie E said...

You are probably on your way back. enjoyed reading your post. We are getting ready to leave for a three week trip out west. Hope top see you when we return. Elaine D