Sunday, June 14, 2009

Costa Rica

From Costa Rica with Love

Today I was worshiping in church in Tabarcia, Costa Rica. I could not understand the majority of all that was said or sung, but a young man from Kenya was asked to speak for about 15 minutes, and chose the topic of prayer. As I sat there, listening to a Ugandan give Costa Ricans encouragement and words about prayer, I thought about my church’s recent studies on the importance of prayer.  I thought of the fact that across continents God has made it clear how valuable conversation is with Him. I realize that there am blessed, and He is truly with us all, everywhere, all the time.  He hears each prayer because He is God, Almighty,Omnipotent.

In the same Costa Rican service, I met someone from each of these countries, England, Colombia, Kenya and Uganda.  Six countries together in one small South American Church, worshiping together.   And we all had a common heart, a common idea, to love God, and to love others as ourselves.

Have a blessed Sunday, and may we all make talking with God, and listening, the priority in our lives.

No comments: