Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mountain Rain Forests

Life in the Countryside

I went trekking through the property this morning because Miguel found a rather large ugly bullfrog by a tree. It made for cool video, but it’s one of the ugliest
creatures I’ve ever seen! Compared to the tiny green and black frog I found yesterday, like beauty and the beast. Miguel is busy using a machete to clear out the jungle from around the building we are staying in. Still working on doors (almost done), and walls for the upstairs rooms, we watch the clouds roll in and out of the structure. It’s really beautiful here, and you can see God’s hand every where.

We painted the front bathroom, a large one, a few days ago.
And Franklin is busy creating doors, frames and screens and then installing them. There is so much work to do here, and no teams coming in for a while.



This morning we went to a local sugarcane farm where they crush, boil, cook and process the cane sugar in to a sort of candy, or table sugar. It was very interesting, and I had great fun shooting photos and video. Then this afternoon, I was left on the road near a mango tree for an hour or so, to photograph the various butterflies that find the fruit irresistible. It smells a bit like a brandy factory there, with all the fruit all over the ground. But the butterflies are gorgeous!Everywhere you look, the views are incredible. God is amazing!

4 comments:

Joe Hendricks said...

That's a beautiful butterfly photo!

Auntie E said...

Great post! Glad to see you are posting now. will visit often. Love the butterfly photo. Have a glorious Day:-) Elaine D.

Heidi said...

I wanna see the bullfrog!! bet he isn't any uglier than the ratfish I caught in the puget sound once! God sure has a sense of humor! Love you. Heidi

Wahokia said...

Hey Melody,

Thanks for the email and for pointing me to your blog. I look forward to following you on a regular basis, seeing what you are up to. Check out my bog someday.

Bill